CRB Checks for Councils


Councils, like many other employers, often need staff to start work quickly, especially for care services, where there can be quite a fast turnover of staff, or in childcare settings. But before starting work, employees who are going to work in sensitive positions, including working with children or vulnerable adults, or have access to people’s homes, or financial details, need to undergo a check. That check, which used to be known as a Criminal Records Bureau, or CRB, check, is now called a DBS check, which stands for Disclosure and Barring Service. The DBS is an executive agency of the Home Office.

The quickest and easiest way to get DBS checks is online, and CRB Checks Online can help you through the process. They provide DBS checking services for employers, charging variable rates depending on how many disclosures you’re going to need in a given period: the more you need, the cheaper it gets per check. This is good news for councils and other big employers employing large numbers of people who need DBS checks!

For more information, or for help with DBS checks, call 0800 197 8858 or email You can also use the live chat facility on the website

Read our latest article:

What is a DBS Disclosure?